Admission Guide

D-4 Visa

This visa is issued to those who are studying Korean at a language school in a university, those who are educated in an educational institution other than an academic institution or an academic research institution, or a person who trains skills and functions in a public or public research institute.

Visa issuance

To obtain a visa, you must submit a letter of acceptance, a notarized certificate from a notary office, proof of funding, etc. to the Korean embassy or consulate in your country. It takes about one month to get a visa, so you should apply with your time before leaving your country. The validity period is six months, but you have to apply for alien registration within 90 days of entering Korea.

Visa extension

To extend your D-4 visa, you must submit the following documents to the Immigration Office:(However, if the attendance rate is 70% or less, the visa can not be extended.)

  • Certificate of enrollment (recorded with attendance rate and schedule)
  • Certificate of educational expenses
  • Balance certificate (minimum 3 million won)
  • Proof of stay